Wednesday, October 22, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: "Wizard of Ends" by Vanessa Finaughty

image



In the Kingdom of Ends, wizards and other magic users are identified by a magical medallion hung about their necks. Lashlor is a wizard who refuses to use his power. But when an evil and powerful sorceress threatens the Queen's life and the King's throne, he just might be forced to act, even the entire kingdom believes him to be a fake.

Mrs. Finaughty's novel, a short tale I read in about thirty minutes, is a magical whirlwind. I almost wish it was longer!
You've got your typical characters: the crazy person who wants to be a ruler, a haughty king, a benevolent queen and your hero, the dashing and reluctant wizard. Usually, when charters are so basic, I quickly get bored.
These characters, however, are all so fitting with each other and this wonderful world they inhabit. Lashlor, especially, is endearing. You'll be rooting for him all 66 pages.
While I found the story, as I said, a little short for my liking, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. You know an author is talented even you can see a mini-movie in your mind as you read their words. That's what Wizard of Ends was like, having a private movie on my head.
I can't wait to read more from her!

5/5--brilliant!

Purchase Wizard of Ends via:

Amazon

Goodreads

Smashwords

Barnes And Noble

2 comments:

  1. This review blew my mind. I visualise what I write. It plays in my mind like a movie and I write it. To have a reviewer who doesn't know that say it was like a 'mini-movie in your mind' is one of the biggest compliments I've ever received. Thank you, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] me about modern science and ancient magic – one of my favourite topics – and Kelly’s Wizard of Ends review blew my mind. I visualise what I write. It plays in my mind like a movie and I write it. To have a […]

    ReplyDelete