Monday, November 16, 2015

MUSIC REVIEW: "Glow" by Matt Lande



I do few music reviews/posts lately because, well, I'm very picky about what I listen to. A lot of my favorite music is from 2005 and back, all the way into the 1970's.
However, for the past week or so, I have been listening to one album nearly nonstop: Glow by Matt Lande. Those familiar with the blog know that I have known Matt for a few years now and have posted about his music many times.
This new album features a full band and songs that will do their best to either make you smile or break your heart. It starts with the title track, which sets the tone nicely for the rest of the album. "I Will Sing To You" is probably my favorite track, soft and sweet with a hopeful vibe. I can honestly say I've played that one on repeat a few times.
"Nowhere That We Know" is a very poppy song, one that I can hear playing on mainstream radio right after Ed Sheeran and before Sam Smith. (Ed Sheeran is one of my favorite musicians, and I would love to see Matt tour with him!)
"Spin" is by far the sexiest track, and I'm sure the female listeners (and some male!) will be putting that on for their date nights! Really, I think that's a stand-out track.
Longtime fans of Matt's will recognize "Looking Down", a tearjerker that talks about the death of a loved one. I remember the first time I heard it I started to cry.
All of the songs on this album are really some of the best I've heard from Matt, but the ones I mentioned stand out more.
His lyrics are pure poetry, his voice is as smooth as silk and as warm as hot chocolate on a cold night. The music behind him is a great backdrop for his voice, creating almost a beauty and the beast feel to the music, something you usually see more in metal music as opposed to alternative rock.
I tried writing this as professional as I could, but I'd like to end my review sounding like the fan I am: this album is freaking awesome! From start to finish, I loved listening to it. Glow will make you smile, cry, dance, and sigh. I can't say enough good things about it.

5/5

Glow releases on December 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment