Wednesday, April 5, 2017

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Ashley L. Scott




1. When/why did you decide to become a writer? 

When I write, I escape reality. I open doors where you can do whatever your heart imagines. I love the idea of writing stories that'll entertain my readers by enriching their worlds with believable characters and enticing plots. I started writing stories in middle school and forced my friends to read them until they were sick of them (haha). I continued to write, enjoying the look on my reader's faces until I became an author with my first published work Demon Anarchy.

2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today? *

Sarah J. Maas, The Throne of Glass Series, Series of Unfortunate Events, and Lisa Kleypas' romance books.

3. What was the inspiration behind your latest release?

I've always loved zombie shows and movies and I decided to write a book about strong female characters with the skills to kick demon butt!

4. Were any of the characters personalities or emotions taken from real life?

The two leading female characters in Demon Anarchy had similar personalities to a few of my friends. 

5. Why do you write in your chosen genre? What other genres would you like to try your hand at? 

I wrote one novel in New Adult Paranormal but my next few books will be part of a Young Adult series. I'm excited to try Young Adult because I feel like it's easier to write.

6. What would you do if you were your main character?

Practice shooting a gun to perfect my skills as an agent.

7. Will we ever see these characters again?

Probably not, I left the ending of the book with some wiggle room but I don't think I'll be making a prequel.

8. Would you like to see this book as a film or TV show? If yes, who do you want to see play your characters?

A film would be awesome! Explosions, trained agents with kick butt battle scenes, and nonstop action with hints of romance and comedy. Perfect for a 5 star movie!
9. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?

I'm hoping to gain a literary agent in the future with my Young Adult books and sign on with a publishing company. I'd love for my writing career be my full time job.

10. Is there anything you haven't touched on that you'd like readers to know about your book?
It's nonstop action that'll keep your interest until the very end.

11. What would you be doing if you weren't writing?

Traveling everywhere, to see the world.

12. Can you tell KSR what you're working on next?

I'm currently working on a Young Adult series, the rough draft of my first YA manuscript has been completed but currently doesn't have a title yet.

13. What authors, dead or alive, would you like to collaborate with?

Sarah J. Maas, Lisa Kleypas.

14. What are three things that may surprise your readers to know about you?

I love anime and enjoy hiking any trail within a hundred mile radius, and placing words in my dog's mouth to pretend he can talk. 

15. Please list your links where readers can find you online and purchase your works.
https://www.amazon.com/Demon-Anarchy-Ashley-Scott-ebook/dp/B01LXLWA6I/

No comments:

Post a Comment