Tuesday, July 15, 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Loren Weaver

image



1. When/why did you decide to become a writer?

I started writing when I was eleven, and I’ve never gone back. I always loved reading, and I wanted to be a part of bringing that escape to others.

2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today?

Tamora Pierce was one of my first favorites. Today, I like authors like Cheree Alsop, Shannon Mayer, and Kelley Armstrong.

3. What was the inspiration behind your novel Havoc's Cry?

I love paranormal, but I’m not a huge romance fan. I wanted something for people who love the mystery of vampires and lycanthropes but not through a romance angle. I’m also a huge crime TV junkie. So I wrote a crime novel with vampires and werewolves.

4. Were the characters' disparate personalities based on anyone in real life?

No, I don’t like to base characters off real people. Although, I do like to think they’re realistic enough to be people you might meet in real life.

5. Why choose werewolves and vampires as your main monsters?

I’ve always been fascinated with magic, and the things that go bump in the night. Plus, I read a lot of paranormal novels. So, it was a natural progression. Plus, who doesn’t love the idea of changing into an animal on command?

6. Will we see Victoria again in the future?

Oh, yes! Book two is called Archangel’s Salvation, and releases this summer. Book three is called Shadow’s Lament and releases in the fall.

7. (Without using spoilers) did the story end how you originally envisioned it or did it change? Because, as a reader, I could see it ending multiple ways.

I came up with the ending towards the beginning of my plot outline, although some of the relevant players changed from the original idea.

8. Would you like to see Havoc's Cry as a movie? If yes, which actors would you like to see playing your respective characters?

I’d love to see it as a movie someday, but I can’t really name actors. With my nose in a book, I haven’t been paying attention… *sheepish grin*

9. What author (dead or alive) would you love to collaborate with?

Shannon Mayer. She started out with a “real” job with writing on the side, and has still managed to produce a best selling series that let her retire to hang out with her new baby. That’s my dream. Write awesome enough books to do this for a living.

10. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?

Well, I have two books in editing stages and two books in writing stages. I want to continue publishing and writing. I’m in the process of getting my MA in Creative Writing, so I’d love to “retire” from my day job and write for a living!

11. What other genres would you like to try your hand at?

I have two Urban Fantasy book in the YA category, so I’m branching out a little there. I’d also love to write a more “traditional” fantasy novel, but I just don’t have an awesome idea yet.

12. What would you be doing if you weren't writing?

I have a day job, so I’m usually working. Although, I’d love to be reading. I’m in the process of a move to Ecuador, so I’m thinking there will be a lot of exploring in my future.

13. How do you think people would react if vamps and lycans turned out to be real, like in your book?

Complete and utter chaos. I can only hope they would turn out to be as nice as they are in my books, but I can’t say for sure.

14. If you were given the choice that Victoria was, which would you choose and why?

I’d love to meet Tori! She’s been through so much, and she’s still positive. She believes the world can be made a better place, and that the dead deserve justice. But I may have a small case of hero worship.

15. Thank you for participating in the interview. Can you please leave the readers with three things that may surprise them about you?

I’m a SCUBA diver, and I’ve been petted by a wild, fourteen-foot bull shark.
One of my favorite foods is Mexican pollo con mole. It’s chicken made with chocolate, and it’s a main course.
I learned to swing dance in college, and it’s one of my favorite ways to relax.

Find Loren Weaver online via:

Official site

Twitter

Facebook (LIKE page)

No comments:

Post a Comment