Sunday, August 17, 2014

TEASER: "Shimmer" by Elena Dillon

Here are five (5) teasers of the upcoming YA novel Shimmer by Elena Dillon, brought to you by Mark My Words Publicity and Kelly Smith Reviews!

1. I woke to my heart punching in my chest as my “dad” gripped my shoulder and shook hard. Blinking fast, I sucked in a breath, trying to force myself awake.

“Go time,” he whispered, sending a shiver of fear down my neck.

 

2. I was studying the board, when I felt someone sit down at the desk behind me, but I didn’t turn around.

“A math nerd. I guess I’m not surprised.”

I knew that voice. It was the boy from History. How was I going to pay attention now? I looked down, and sure enough I recognized the long legs shoved out in front of him in the aisle by my backpack. Crap. What was his problem? I had enough to deal with right now without some guy who thought girls should fall at his feet because he spoke in their presence. I looked back and glared at him, then turned back around.

“And without the power of speech. The perfect girl,” he said under his breath.

I refused to react. Whatever. He could be an ass all by himself.

 

3. I needed to start my transition into Chandler Raines. I’d kept my hair in a hat last night during check-in, knowing a dye job was in my future.

 

4. I looked over, and the whole cheer team stood watching. Wasn’t that just fabulous? I didn’t mind an audience, but really, I shouldn’t be drawing attention to myself. Crap. Too late now.

I stood in the corner of the floor, took a deep breath, and cleared my head of all the internal noise.

I took off pounding toward the goal. One big leap, round off, back handspring, double full, and . . . bam. Stuck it.

 

5. Jameson Knight expected perfection, and he paid exorbitantly for it. He didn’t think he was asking too much.

“What do you mean they’re gone?” He snarled. “You said you had them. How hard can it be to find one geek and a teenage girl?”

His frustration had reached an epic level. No more cat and mouse. He wanted them found and handled. Now. For a while, the fact that they had run had benefitted him, but the longer their disappearance had gone on, the more he couldn’t stand the nagging feeling it gave him. They had gotten the better of him. They thought they were smarter, better. Unacceptable.




Shimmer by Elena Dillon

Book 2 - Breathe Series

YA Romantic Suspense

Available : August 28th, 2014

C
handler Raines and her “dad” are on the run. Never staying in one place for very long. It’s just not safe. When they arrive in Lafayette, Louisiana, Chandler quickly realizes this is the place she wants to call home. Friends, a cute boy, and competitive cheerleading have her taking dangerous risks to have the life she always wanted. Risks she promised she wouldn’t take.

 

When her lies catch up to her, a decision has to be made. Stay or run? Will the evil that’s chased them for the last four years catch up to them? When Chandler’s past comes screeching into the present she’ll have to sacrifice everything to keep what she loves safe. But will it be enough?

 

 

Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1r7JhGL

About Elena Dillon

 

 

Elena lives and writes in a suburb North of Los Angeles. She has never lived anywhere besides California which is probably a good thing since she hates being cold and is terrified to drive in the snow. She loves being a wife and a mother to her three kids and three dogs, although really the bulldog is the fourth child who has never matured beyond the toddler stage.

 

A self-proclaimed nerd, she has been writing since she was a child. She has only recently, however, come out of the closet about this to her family and friends. They now understand better, but not completely, why she talks about characters in stories as if they are real people.

 

 

Website / Twitter / Facebook / Goodreads / Google +

No comments:

Post a Comment