Saturday, November 8, 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: William Bos

1. When/why did you decide to become a writer?

I have been fascinated with telling a story, I always have tried to see things from a different point of view of someone else.  I enjoy telling a story that someone may not be willing to tell

2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today?

Robert Ludlum, John Grisham. I have enjoyed reading the city of series and the Bourne books by Eric Van Lustbader.

3. What was the inspiration behind your novel The Board?

I wanted to tell a story about what happens when the popular kids rise to power with fame, fortune and power. I was never a popular kid in high school but the book had a secondary meeting, I met a girl fourteen years ago and it was more a love story tribute to her. It was a way of closing a chapter that I had been meaning to close for a very long time.

4. Will we ever see these characters again?

I have a story idea that I pitched to my ghost reader and she liked it. There is a story there and maybe in the near future there will be a story to tell.

5. What would you do if you were in Brian's situation?

I have been in his situation and I have published two books, lost 45 pounds, and made a name for myself. I believe that people make their own destiny and whatever happens to them is what they do.

6. Were any of the characters personalities or situations taken from real life?

I was a part of the reunion committee, and yes, they were

7. What other genres would you like to try your hand at?

Mystery writing. I have an idea for a story for a serial killer story, romance and finding young love. Fantasy, too.

8. Why decide have young adults as your main characters?

A lot of it comes from seeing people grow up and seeing who they are. Seeing people grow up and seeing how there stories play out and the road that they take.

9. Do you think it's possible for an organization like The Board to become a reality?

Absolutely, with powerful parents and powerful influence brainwashing there kids to become powerful people.

10. Would you like to see The Board in theaters or on TV? If so, what actors would you like to see play your characters?

Absolutely; Shane West to play Brian, Jennifer Morrison to play Jennifer, Elisabeth Mitchell to play Kayla.

11. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?

I would like to publish a few more books and get this next series off the ground.

12. What would you be doing if you weren't writing?

I don’t know what I wouldn’t be doing without writing, it is a release and it inspires me to do great things.

13. Can you tell KSR what you're working on next?

I have two books of a five to six book series in the can already. It is called the network and it takes a turn with two main characters that I have  been working for a very long time

14. What authors, dead or alive, would you like to collaborate with?

John Grisham and Eric Van Lustbader.

15. Thank you for participating in the interview. Can you please leave the readers with three things that may surprise them about you?

I like to write, I love watching people and figuring out there story, I have a drive for life that I recently discovered and I tend to make the most of it. One other thing I would like to thank my creative team who helped in this process and made the board what it was.

Find William Bos online via:

Twitter

Facebook

Official site

No comments:

Post a Comment