Friday, August 26, 2016

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Lexi Ostrow







1. When/why did you decide to become a writer? *

There was never a doubt for me, that I wanted to be like the great authors I was reading when I was 7 (Rl Stine being a big one), I just knew I wanted to tell stories and bring enjoyment to people too. I first wrote a short story that was "published" through a state contest in 2nd grade.
2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today? *

RL Stine, Christopher Pike, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Gena Showalter. I did start the adult books young, but my favorites today are Heather Graham and Larissa Ione.
3. What was the inspiration behind your latest release? *

I can't say inspiration existed for Angels in Steam tbh. My hero, Layel, was upset watching his fighters get their happy ending while he was related to a back seat. He kept invading my dreams and pushing me until I finally couldn't handle the images of him and Nathaniel only being in my head any longer.
4. Were any of the characters personalities or emotions taken from real life? *

Not in this novel. However, when I first started writing I know that Ciara from Torn Between Two Worlds, and Eliza from Nightmare in Steam are very much me. I know that's such a "no-no" in the author world but I couldn't help the way my likes and dislikes bled into the characters because of how much I envied their journey!
5. Why do you write in your chosen genre? What other genres would you like to try your hand at? *

I don't think there is a reason I write in my genre besides that is the world my muse lives in. I don't try to select a genre, I just roll with it when a story shows itself to me. Most of my work is various subgenres of romance, but I also have adventure and YA stories. I would like to have a high fantasy type series, for my baby boy to read when he's older, but it's a little hard for me to stay on task world building when all I want to do is race off and ride dragons with my characters. ;)
6. What would you do if you were your main character? *

A lot of really good sex :D Just kidding, I think it would be amazing to be any of my Word Speakers - specifically Ciara or Dale that can world walk. I can't imagine anything better than slipping into the pages of my favorite books and living in their worlds.
7. Will we ever see these characters again? *

My books typically all run in series, with each book being a complete story within the arc of the series. So, they're always in novels past their own, with the exception being my standalone military romance series.
8. Would you like to see this book as a film or TV show? If yes, who do you want to see play your characters? *

Oh my gosh I think I would die if any of my books could be on the big screen, though I don't think my latest release is a good fit. Male/Male might be rocking in the book world, but it's still not a strong tv or film genre.
9. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?

Hopefully touching readers through the wonders of their imagination and still loving to write.
10. Is there anything you haven't touched on that you'd like readers to know about your book? *

I'd love for them to know that every book is just another possibility to dream - not just my works, but all books.
11. What would you be doing if you weren't writing? *

Reading :D But seriously, I'd love more than anything to work marketing for an animal shelter and help find people for the amazing animals without them.
12. Can you tell KSR what you're working on next? *

I'm almost done with the final book in my Christmas romance series - The Instructor's Christmas Wish. It is by far my most romantic and I'm in shock at how the main characters are with each other, despite knowing they would be together from the first book.
13. What authors, dead or alive, would you like to collaborate with? *

Too many! Haha. I would have to say Larissa Ione if I had to pick only one. Her Demonica/LOD series is one of the most amazing I've ever had the joy to read and her husband is a Coastie too!
14. What are three things that may surprise your readers to know about you? *

1. I don't read the romance scenes in other novels. I know, it sounds bad but despite writing sexy scenes, I don't enjoy reading them. 2. I'm a major foodie. It might come across a little bit because of my Hello Fresh meals, but the struggle is real LOL. I could eat 6 full meals a day if it meant trying delicious new places. 3.When I was younger my first story was about a talking snowflake that made a friend before she melted . . . I think my brain's always been a little different. :D
15. Please list your links where readers can find you online and purchase your works. *

www.lexiostrow.com or find me on Facbeook - http://facebook.com/lexiauthor

1 comment: