Tuesday, October 4, 2016

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Laurencia Hoffman







1. When/why did you decide to become a writer? *

I've always been creative. I love movies and storytelling. At first I wanted to be an actress, but then I decided that I would rather be behind-the-scenes than the center of attention.

2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today? *

When I was younger, J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien inspired me. I hate to say it, but now I'm more focused on writing my own stories than reading others. 

3. What was the inspiration behind your latest release? *

My latest release, A Wish for Remembrance, was inspired by a soap opera called Dark Shadows. It had the dark elements of what it meant to be a vampire, and how cruel vampires can really be. I think it's a very modern thing to have nice vampires (I'm guilty of that too), so I wanted to show a bit of that cruelty with this story. 

4. Were any of the characters personalities or emotions taken from real life? *

I don't think my stories take from real life. My fiction is just fiction, though I do take inspiration from actors and actresses that I admire. 

5. Why do you write in your chosen genre? What other genres would you like to try your hand at? *

I don't like to limit myself to any one genre. I like a little of everything. But I think I'm mostly drawn to the supernatural elements because I can do anything with them. Again, there's not really any limitation to what I can do with the stories and the characters.
6. What would you do if you were your main character? *

Run and hide. No, really. It doesn't matter which book of mine you read. My main characters do not have it easy. 

7. Will we ever see these characters again? *

I don't think so. In my mind, there's nowhere else to go with the story. I like it the way it is.
8. Would you like to see this book as a film or TV show? If yes, who do you want to see play your characters? *

Absolutely! When I write I always see the story in terms of film, so I choose the faces of my characters as well. I think Keira Knightley would be perfect as Lucy, Bradley James as Abel, Jared Leto as Wesley, Kate Beckinsale as Scarlett, Kelly Monaco as Naomi, and Johnny Depp as Corbin. Like I said, I think about these things in advance!
9. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?

N/A

10. Is there anything you haven't touched on that you'd like readers to know about your book? *

I do my best to answer any and all questions that the readers may have, but none come to mind with this one.
11. What would you be doing if you weren't writing? *

I honestly don't know. I can't imagine not doing it!
12. Can you tell KSR what you're working on next? *

Of course! Next up will be the sequel to a novel called Bad Blood. It's a vampire series, nice and dark, just the way I like them. The sequel is called Flesh and Blood and it comes out in October. Be on the lookout!
13. What authors, dead or alive, would you like to collaborate with? *

I think it would be great to work with anyone I've already listed. But I have a few writer friends I'd like to work with someday.
14. What are three things that may surprise your readers to know about you? *

I have anxiety. I enjoy a good romance film. I don't like the cold.
15. Please list your links where readers can find you online and purchase your works. *

No comments:

Post a Comment