Tuesday, October 11, 2016

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Peter Oliver Wonder







1. When/why did you decide to become a writer? *

It's hard to say when, exactly. I suspect that's mostly due to being out of my mind having difficulty differentiating reality from the things I make up. As to the why of things, I became a writer to vent all of the nonsensical thoughts that continuously flood my mind. Sometimes things nonsense can form into a good story. 

2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today? *

Anne Rice was the first author I really got into. Since then, I've taken up reading just about anything I stumble upon. Either stuff from fellow indie authors, things from bigger name, or just reading the classics. There are so many options and I don't like to limit myself.
3. What was the inspiration behind your latest release? *

The inspiration for POW!: The Zombie Days was...me. I'm the main character because I'm pretty fucking awesome. Why not write myself until my own stupid fantasies?
4. Were any of the characters personalities or emotions taken from real life? *

Aside from myself, several of the characters were inspired by people I know. Mostly people I've served with in the Marines.
5. Why do you write in your chosen genre? What other genres would you like to try your hand at? *

I write horror because killing people isn't legal. I also write a multitude of other things. The crazy thoughts are write varied.
6. What would you do if you were your main character? *

If I was not own main character...things would play out precisely as they did in the book. Possibly with more or less swearing though. It's hard to tell.
7. Will we ever see these characters again? *

Oh yes. The will be more in the POW! Series. Book two is set to come out April 2017.
8. Would you like to see this book as a film or TV show? If yes, who do you want to see play your characters? *

Does anyone ever say no to this? I think Jennifer Lopez would play me, Ben Affleck would play Kyle, Harley Quinn would play Evelyn (no one said I have to choose real people), and Meatloaf would play the crazy doctor.
9. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?

Career or not, I plan to be on Mars sometime late next year. It's going to be great and you're all invited!
10. Is there anything you haven't touched on that you'd like readers to know about your book? *

Yeah. It's a really funny book. In case these answers haven't driven the point home just yet, I don't take things too seriously which makes my writing a lot of fun. At least, in my opinion it does.
11. What would you be doing if you weren't writing? *

Working my day job and my part time job as the voices in my head slowly drove me mad. So, the exact same thing, minus the writing.
12. Can you tell KSR what you're working on next? *

I'd love to, but it keeps changing. I have story ADD and can't quite keep on the same thing too long. This does mean, however, that I've got a lot of things in various stages of completion. One day, they'll all be finished and there are quite a few surprises in store!
13. What authors, dead or alive, would you like to collaborate with? *

I have a collaboration lined up with my good friend and psychopath, David Owain Hughes. Not sure what it is we'll write about just yet, but when we put our heads together, it's going to end in something pretty unique.
14. What are three things that may surprise your readers to know about you? *

1) I have seventeen toes on my left foot 2) I'm eight hundred and forty two years old 3) I carved Mount Rushmore
15. Please list your links where readers can find you online and purchase your works. *

https://www.amazon.com/Peter-Oliver-Wonder/e/B017FXBB8O

No comments:

Post a Comment