✰✰✰BY PIPER KAY✰✰✰
Jett loves to play hard and race harder, but has issues. The love of his life, Logan, disappeared five years ago, but suddenly reappears. Will they crash and burn? Is it even real? Or is he just in for wishful thinking?
INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR:
1. When/why did you decide to become a writer? *
I always said I would, and got laughed at for chasing a dream I could never be by some very close family members, so I did it to prove a point. Plus the characters in my head wouldn't behave themselves or let me sleep.
2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today? *
Too many to name. I guess I started writing after reading Ann Rice's stuff, she is wonderful. I love reading MM, PRN type stuff
3. What was the inspiration behind your latest release? *
A dream. I grew up with mostly male cousins, I was the only girl for 20 years and learned about racing and how to work on cars. The characters just let the way in this one, like most of my stories, so I ran with it.
4. Were any of the characters personalities or emotions taken from real life? *
Of course, we all put a little bit of ourselves into a book. Or take something from someone we know. My whole life can be told if you can figure out which parts through each story. You'll learn my favorite color down to someone's death and all the history in between.
5. Why do you write in your chosen genre? What other genres would you like to try your hand at? *
I would love to write paranormal, but I don't have the gift. I chose to write in the MM genre because I was told early on that I write in a masculine voice and to give it a try. I did and love it.
6. What would you do if you were your main character? *
Get laid a lot. LOL Kidding! I would be a fighter, one that fights for what they believe and follows their heart just like I do now.
7. Will we ever see these characters again? *
Never say never
8. Would you like to see this book as a film or TV show? If yes, who do you want to see play your characters? *
That would be awesome. I'd have to do some research to pick actors though, but have several personal choices of people I actually know I could pick from.
9. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?
Writing and watching people. I love people watching.
10. Is there anything you haven't touched on that you'd like readers to know about your book? *
I just hope it shows that true love is out there, you just have to get through situations.
11. What would you be doing if you weren't writing? *
Going bat-shit crazy
12. Can you tell KSR what you're working on next? *
Next up, a story called Glorious Disaster, and talk bout a train wreck. I love it. Plus several others.
13. What authors, dead or alive, would you like to collaborate with? *
Author Poppet and Ann Lister
14. What are three things that may surprise your readers to know about you? *
1) I'm shy 2) I'm really a blonde 3) I'm a widow
[KSR would like to inform you that she is NOT shy. "You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means".]
15. Please list your links where readers can find you online and purchase your works. *
Amazon author page: http://amazon.com/author/piperkay
Race & Roll is probably the shortest thing I've read this year that gave me so many feels. It's a quick, 20 minute read, but it gives you the entire story without seeming like you got cheated on the full background of the characters.
Jett and Logan are at once likable and relatable. The love between them is tangible, and you feel a knot in your gut when Jett is lamenting on his former lover.
Short, sweet, and to the point, anyone who loves second chance romances but doesn't have the time for a full novel should pick this up right away!