Friday, October 3, 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Ronder Scott

image



1. When/why did you decide to become a writer?

When I am writing, I become at peace with myself. Writing characters' dialogue is my passion. If it wasn’t for writing, I don’t know where I would be.

2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today?

Langston Hughes, Robb White, Truman Capote and many others. I enjoy all types of books today, but I mostly love thrillers with a crime theme to them.

3. What was the inspiration behind your novel The Painted Catch?

I was inspired by the current events going on around us. That so many people tend to block out just to have peace in their normal everyday lives. I felt the same type of way about war and I wanted to display that in the novel.

4. Will we see a book similar to this or featuring any of the same characters?

As of now nothing is on the table. I have decided to continue my graduate studies at the University. I will be finished in December. Then I can hash out a new book idea for The Painted Catch part II.

5. Were any of the characters based on real people?

No just people I sketched out in my mind.

6. Why choose terrorism and soldiers as your main focus?

They are a part of our well-being. They have huge tasks to keep us safe. They are responsible for us and sometimes bad things happen to good people.

7. Can you tell readers about your other works?

My other works are the same: suspense driven, and focused on a major theme. They are controversial somewhat but that is how I see the world when I write. Things can get very one-dimensional if you have an insane way of approaching life. But the events are never mundane, they keep you on the edge of your seat at all times.

8. Would you like for the paintings you created in the story to be real?

Yes of course, that is a dream of mine; to see my work on the big screen or as a television series.

9. What do you mostly want readers to take from The Painted Catch?

I want them to leave with thoughts of great writing. I don’t want them to be paranoid but I do want them to know that things do take place covertly but in plain sight. I want them to take away to never be a victim and never let anyone try to make you believe there is only one way of doing something. To every “no” there is always a “yes” and vice versa.

10. Would you like to see the series in theaters or on TV? If so, what actors would you like to see play your characters?

I don’t know about the all of the characters to play the roles but I believe there is great writing for a dominant male lead like Tom Cruise or Denzel Washington or Columbus Short even. I don’t discriminate at all. There are some hefty actors out now that could take on the role of Shane.

11. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?

That’s a great question, yet I don’t want to sound cynical.

12. What would you be doing if you weren't writing?

Writing right now does not pay my bills so I do a slew of other things. Writing is my true passion. I wish I could make an honest living doing just that so now I opened a small deli inside the Shell gas station where I am head chef and I am working on my last semester of Master’s in Communications at Texas Southern University. I also teach classes in my spare time for a private school curriculum.

13. Can you tell KSR what you're working on next?

No, it’s a secret until I am ready to share it with the rest of the world. I really want to develop this next story into something beautiful like The Painted Catch.

14. What authors, dead or alive, would you like to collaborate with?

Stephen King.

15. Thank you for participating in the interview. Can you please leave the readers with three things that may surprise them about you?

I am a great cook. I am a hopeless romantic and I would like to write more romance in the future. I love fantasy and thriller movies.

Find Ms. Scott online via:

Goodreads

Facebook

Amazon

Facebook (LIKE page)

No comments:

Post a Comment