Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Matt Converse


1. When/why did you decide to become a writer? *

I wrote a short story in the 3rd grade and my teacher accused me of copying it from a movie or TV; I took it as quite the compliment. My Mom first got me into watching scary movies, which inspired my writing.

2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today? *

Stephen King, and I still love his work. I want to read the book Psycho by Robert Bloch next to see how it differs from the movie.

3. What was the inspiration behind your latest release? *

I was a stripper before becoming an author, so I wanted to share a gritty, real life story of a stripper, not the Hollywood version like Magic Mike.

4. Were any of the characters personalities or emotions taken from real life? *

Definitely. Some are totally made up or embellished but some are pretty close to real life.

5. Why do you write in your chosen genre? What other genres would you like to try your hand at? *

I am a horror writer at heart, but become a M/M Romance erotica author by virtue of the subject matter of Strip Shot and Behind the Velvet Curtain.

6. What would you do if you were your main character? *

Many of the same things he did, although I might want to correct some of the mistakes he made, but isn't that what life is about, learning from our mistakes?

7. Will we ever see these characters again? *

Yes! Readers wanted a sequel to Behind the Velvet Curtain, I gave them the prequel instead in Strip Shot but am currently working on the sequel. 

8. Would you like to see this book as a film or TV show? If yes, who do you want to see play your characters? *

Of course! I think Matt Bomer would be perfect for the lead who is also named Matt. Channing Tatum would be perfect for his hunky boyfriend Justin. "The Creeper" has to be a scary character, so maybe an unknown actor would be best for him. 

9. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?

Publishing my first full length novel, with many more to come.

10. Is there anything you haven't touched on that you'd like readers to know about your book? *

My stories have steamy sex, but there is more story to them than most in this genre. There is also humor along with the mix a horror in my M/M erotic tales.

11. What would you be doing if you weren't writing? *

Going crazy! Ha. I love to write I can't imagine doing anything else.

12. Can you tell KSR what you're working on next? *

I am writing the sequel to Behind the Velvet Curtain and am also working on a sci-fi story as well as a full length horror novel. 

13. What authors, dead or alive, would you like to collaborate with? *

I'm not big on the collaboration thing but I guess I wouldn't mind teaming up with Stephen King for a horror novel! 

14. What are three things that may surprise your readers to know about you? *

Many years ago I was married...to a woman. I am an avid bridge player--it's great fun and not just for old ladies! I was a pretty good tennis player back in the day! 

15. Please list your links where readers can find you online and purchase your works. *

Strip Shot smarturl.it/StripShot
Behind the Velvet Curtain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TBPESD0

No comments:

Post a Comment