Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Hope Daniels


1. When/why did you decide to become a writer? *

Probably when I was about five. My next door neighbor was a teacher. She was my second mother and she taught me the love of books and the worlds which could be found between the pages. Once I began reading, my imagination took flight. I've always had trouble writing short stories for school because there was so much more behind each character. The red editing pen is horrible! :)

2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today? *

Margaret Henry, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Zilpha Keatley Snyder, Gertrude Chandler Warner as a child; Stephen King, Janet Dailey, Lora Leigh, Gena Showalter, Shayla Black, Cherry Adair, Dean Koontz

3. What was the inspiration behind your latest release? *

This is the third installment of the Magical Forces Series. So, the inspiration is two-fold. One, because Tessa has been yapping in my head saying she is tired of being a virgin; J.T. is in total agreement. Two, although each book is a standalone, there is a story playing in the background which has carried through from book one. 

4. Were any of the characters personalities or emotions taken from real life? *

Little bits and pieces, but I can't say a single person is represented in a single character.

5. Why do you write in your chosen genre? What other genres would you like to try your hand at? *

I couldn't imagine not writing in the paranormal genre. I love the idea of magic, fantasy and the possibilities of things beyond our known reality. However, I would like to try my hand at New Adult, or a Psychological Thriller. I'm actually writing a solo project which will fit the Thriller genre.
6. What would you do if you were your main character? *

Oh, this is a loaded question. It is hard to answer fully without giving away secrets. The main thing I would do is jump J.T.'s bones. Have you seen him? He is H.O.T.!
7. Will we ever see these characters again? *

Yes, they will be in Book Four, Hell Of A Life, as supporting characters.
8. Would you like to see this book as a film or TV show? If yes, who do you want to see play your characters? *

Of course I would love to see it as a TV show, but on HBO or Showtime. Have to be able to show the good stuff! As for the characters of Tessa and J.T., I'd love to see Clint Ewing as J.T. and Jenn Proske be Tessa. What their chemistry would be like together on film, I have no idea, but they are my vision for the characters.
9. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?

Hopefully still writing, but under much less stress and with office space!
10. Is there anything you haven't touched on that you'd like readers to know about your book? *

This is a hot romance spanning fifty years. You'll find a bit of everything in Hell Of A Night. Sweet romance to pervy goodness, but don't forget to start with the first Hell In Heels, currently just 99 cents.
11. What would you be doing if you weren't writing? *

I would be a reflection of my insanity.
12. Can you tell KSR what you're working on next? *

After the release of Hell Of A Night and my own solo project, my co-author and I will be working on Magical Forces 3.5. An as of yet, untitled novella. This will revisit Ryan, Zoey, Nia, Feather and Newt as they take a trip north to "visit" the old pack. That's all the clue I'm giving you. ;)
13. What authors, dead or alive, would you like to collaborate with? *

You there are so many. I would love to write with anyone. You can learn so much from other people. Everyone has their own style of writing, their own way of doing things. Alicia and I have a natural progression which just works. You'd think we were married since we finish each others sentences. I'd love to see if I could get to that level with every author.
14. What are three things that may surprise your readers to know about you? *

I love ice cream, especially lemon ice cream. Like, I will cut you to get the last of it, I love it that much. There is absolutely NO sharing when it comes to my ice cream. I'm a horse lover. I don't own one, not because I don't want one, but the township I live in requires more land. Oh, money might have something to do with it too. But if I have the chance to be around horses. I am there. Shovel shit? Yep, as long as I can love on the horses too. Groom them? Hell yes! There is something about the smell of horse and leather. It's almost as good as man and leather, but that is a different question entirely. Another thing readers may not know about me is that I am a registered life time member of the Girl Scouts. I joined years ago when I was in school, then became an award winner for the Salvation Army Girl Guard program. Then when my daughters were in school, I joined Girl Scouts as their Leader. Working to make sure girl's voices were heard is a no brainer. No more selling cookies for this Council, but I definitely still support the ultimate goals of GSUSA.
15. Please list your links where readers can find you online and purchase your works. *

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004355659363

No comments:

Post a Comment